Created by CAMRA members Small CAMRA Logo Campaign for Real Ale in Surrey

ESPG Pub Entry

Fox on the Hill, LOWER KINGSWOOD

Back to ESPG Search Results Page   |   ESPG Pub Database Search

Fox on the Hill

Address: Brighton Road
Post Code: KT20 6SU
Bus Route(s): 420, 460
OS Ref: TQ 248538 (Bing Maps)   (Google Maps)
Directions: on A217 southbound
Web Site:
Phone No: (01737) 832638
Opening Hours: 12-11; 12-10:30 Sun

No real ale

Pub Sign PhotoPub Photo

This pub/hotel has a bar to the left and a Nepalese and Indian restaurant to the right which does take aways. Originally known as the Fox Hotel, then the Fox until 1996 when it received its present, geographically accurate, epithet. It is a large white, pebble-dashed building with some weather-boarding. The bar has a pool table and a TV. The restaurant menu is available in the bar and there are also sandwiches. Food is served from 12-2:30 and 6 till closing time. There is a large garden and car park. In more tranquil days, before road widening, there was an old pond opposite the pub. It was used by traction engines to fill up with water after labouring up Reigate Hill. Originally owned by R & F Pagden, Epsom, it became one of 14 pubs to be acquired by Mellersh & Neale in 1931 following their takeover of said brewery.

Accommodation  Lunchtime Meals  Evening Meals  Separate Restaurant  Car Park  Outdoor Drinking Area  On Bus Route - Click for general timetable(see above)  
Symbols explained

Last Updated: 13 Jul 2019



Back to ESPG Search Results Page   |   ESPG Pub Database Search